Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Earnings results continued to pour in last week with retailers Carrefour, Delhaize and Waitrose amongst those issuing sales and profit figures. Delhaize told analysts there was work still to be done in the US, while Carrefour insisted it has to invest in order to build on signs of improvement. Elsewhere, Vion was bought by Boparan Holdings, and a BBC investigation uncovered evidence of horse smuggling from Ireland to the UK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs