Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Labelling was back in the spotlight in the UK last week, as the country's Department of Health unveiled plans for a new hybrid labelling system. The GM debate also returned in full-force as UK Environment Secretary Owen Paterson threw his weight behind the use of GMOs in farming. Meanwhile, we saw a busy week in international M&A as Campbell extended its reach in key markets such as China through its acquisition of Kelsen Group, while dairy giant Mengniu kicked off what could be a process of consolidation in Chinese dairy when it made a move to acquire local infant formula maker Yashili.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund