Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
This week, Mars waged war on Hershey, alleging its US rival was selling "fake" confectionery under the Malteser brand. Q1 results seasons gathered steam and one of the companies reporting, Unilever, admitted it was considering the future of two units. Elsewhere, in an apparent bid to keep up with the grocery sector price war, The Co-operative Group announced it was plugging GBP100m into price cuts and Hillshire Brands announced the purchase of US waffle-to-cereal maker Van's Natural Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton