Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Hitting headlines this week was the bidding war for Hillshire Brands which saw Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride both go head to head. Elsewhere, Peters Food Group was acquired by R&R Ice Cream, while Nestle and Fonterra issued a statement saying they were scaling back their Latin American partnership. Also this week, Synlait Milk announced it was revising its 2014 earnings outlook and Danish Crown announced 190 jobs would go as it chose to close its Bornholm slaughterhouse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO