Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
In this week's big acquisition, General Mills moved to boost its domestic business with a deal to buy natural and organic firm Annie's. Elsewhere Arla Foods announced it had entered the race to take over Egypt's Arab Dairy Products Co. Indian dairy firm Amul hinted at plans to start exports to Russia while local conglomerate ITC announced it would grow its presence in the Indian dairy sector. Things also continued to heat up in the battle for Chiquita Brands International, with the produce giant announcing it had been granted a waiver from Fyffes to enter into discussions with Cutrale Group and Safra Group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea