UK: Kallo launches Corn Cakes
Kallo debuts Corn Cakes and Tesco sampling
UK natural and organic food group Kallo is launching sampling in 100 Tesco stores to coincide with the debut of its Corn Cakes in the country.
Kallo said today (28 September) that the sampling campaign comes on the back of 25% year-on-year sales growth for the company's healthy snacks range.
Kallo Corn Cakes contain 25 calories each, versus 90 calories for the average slice of bread, said the firm, which earlier this month also launched its first television advertising campaign for three years.
"Our customers are often challenged to find a healthy and tasty alternative to bread," said Kallo brand controller Naomi Cosgrove.
In July this year, Kallo's CEO, Patrick Cairns, told just-food that it was time for the group to "come out of the shadows".
Kallo's Corn Cakes are available from Tesco, Waitrose, and health stores with a recommended retail price of GBP1.19 (US$1.92).
Tesco has once again ignited the price war with the launch of its Price Promise, garnering a mixed reaction from analysts who suggest it could just be an extension of other retail schemes or the retai...
Premium fresh pasta manufacturer Ugo Foods is preparing to expand into the free-from market with the launch of a range of gluten-free chilled pastas....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US