US: Kalsec calls for action over carbon monoxide in meat packing
Kalsec, the Michigan-based producer of spices, herbs and vegetable extracts for use in food, beverage, and pharmaceutical applications, has urged Congress to ban the use of carbon monoxide in fresh meat packaging if the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) fail to stop the practice.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival