AUSTRALIA: Kangaroo meat most popular overseas
Overseas Game Meat Export (OGME) , the largest producer of kangaroo meat in Queensland, revealed yesterday (16 October) that the meat is now more popular in Europe than in Australia. 95% of the meat produced by OGME gets exported and Craig Harwood, the company director, explains that because the meat is low fat and contains minimal amounts of growth hormones and antibiotics, it is especially popular in Europe. Apparently the French are the biggest fans of kangaroo, adapting the meat to more traditional cuisine, where the recipes have a long history of including game meats.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK