AUSTRALIA: Kangaroo meat most popular overseas
Overseas Game Meat Export (OGME) , the largest producer of kangaroo meat in Queensland, revealed yesterday (16 October) that the meat is now more popular in Europe than in Australia. 95% of the meat produced by OGME gets exported and Craig Harwood, the company director, explains that because the meat is low fat and contains minimal amounts of growth hormones and antibiotics, it is especially popular in Europe. Apparently the French are the biggest fans of kangaroo, adapting the meat to more traditional cuisine, where the recipes have a long history of including game meats.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund