SWEDEN/UK: Karlshamns announces acquisition of Kelanco
Swedish speciality vegetable oils and fats company Karlshamns has announced the acquisition of the UK's Kelanco Ltd.
Kelanco, which has an annual turnover of SEK15m (US$2.0m), specialises in flaked fats for the food industry. One of the main markets for flaked fats is the convenience food industry.
Karlshamns said the acquisition is in line with the company's strategy to strengthen its focus on high-value added speciality products.
"The acquisition provides Karlshamns with considerably improved expansion potentials and will generate positive profit effects in 2004 already," the company said.
"The acquisition of Kelanco's operations is a perfect strategic fit for Karlshamns, giving access as it does to products developed directly for the UK convenience food market…Kelanco will also serve as a production platform for the continued development of other European countries in the market segment for flaked fats," Karlshamns added.
Recently formed Danish vegetable oils and fats company AarhusKarlshamn has said it has decided on the organisational structure of the new company....
Swedish investment group BNS Industrier said today (Monday) that it had received approval from all the relevant competition authorities for its bids for oils and fats producers Karlshamns AB and Aarhu...
Swedish vegetable oils and fats producer Karlshamns has announced the opening of a new Norwegian sales office in Oslo....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations