US: Kashi to launch whole-grain sandwiches
Kashi Co., the US natural food company owned by Kellogg, is to launch a range of frozen sandwiches as it expands its line of whole-grain ready meals.
The company said the range of Kashi Pocket Bread sandwiches would go on sale next month.
"People want foods that are not only quick and easy to prepare, but that also taste great and provide positive nutrition," said Kashi brand manager and nutritionist Sarah Lowrey Ceccarelli.
The line of sandwiches - Turkey Fiesta, Veggie Medley and Chicken Rustico - provides 21 grams of whole grains and four grams of fibre, Kashi said.
Kellogg, the world's largest cereal producer, has had a solid 18 months, managing to grow profits despite surging commodity costs, while also expanding in emerging markets. However, the US group has h...
The food industry has put itself at the heart of the UK government's new Change4Life anti-obesity drive. Ben Cooper reports on what companies are aiming to contribute and the merits of a collaborative...
Nestlé Prepared Foods has issued a recall of a number of its Lean Cuisine ready meals in the US over fears that the products could contain shards of plastic....
Cereal giant Kellogg is offering consumers two free bowls of cereal in a promotion across the US....
Belgian fresh food group Ter Beke has reported an increase in turnover for the first nine months of the year boosted by last year's acquisition of processed meats firm Berkhout Verssnijlijn....
Consumers are likely to cling to familiar brands following a year of economic turmoil and food scares, according to predictions from research analyst Mintel....
Change4Life, a food industry-backed scheme drawn up to help in the fight against obesity, has been launched by the UK government....
Kellogg is to highlight the "brand quality" of Corn Flakes as UK consumers trade down to own-label products amid the economic downturn....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report