USA: Kellogg and Salton Sign Letter of Intent for a Joint Marketing Alliance
Kellogg USA (NYSE: K) and Salton, Inc. (NYSE: SFP) announced today that they have signed a Letter of Intent to enter into a joint marketing alliance. The initial products lines involved in the alliance include Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts® Toaster Pastries and Eggo® Waffles, and Salton's Toastmaster® toasters and toaster ovens. "This alliance with Salton will provide both companies with an opportunity to reach more consumers and connect Pop-Tarts® and Eggo® products with the way they are best prepared and enjoyed - warm from toasters," said John Cook, Executive Vice President of Kellogg Company. "We are also excited about the future innovation that can come from a partnership." As part of the agreement, Kellogg and Salton will launch several joint marketing initiatives for Pop-Tarts®, Eggo® and Toastmaster® products, including print and broadcast advertising, joint trade and on-line consumer promotions, and couponing. Kellogg and Salton will also collaborate on creating Pop-Tarts® and Eggo® branded toasters, which would be promoted on Kellogg's product packaging and sold through retail channels. Leon Dreimann, Chief Executive Officer of Salton said, "We are delighted with our new alliance with Kellogg and the opportunities we will have as a result. While both companies will certainly benefit from our new agreement, we look forward to increased exposure for Toastmaster® as we align ourselves with the ever-popular Pop-Tarts® and Eggo® brands. This alliance comes at a fortuitous time as we have recently reintroduced the Toastmaster® brand with a new logo and an array of exciting new products."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review