AUSTRALIA: Kellogg Australia Acquires Convenience Foods Business
Kellogg Company (NYSE: K - news) announced today that its Australian division, Kellogg (Aust) Pty Ltd, has acquired the privately owned convenience foods business jointly operated by Jabuna Pty Ltd and Surene Pty Ltd. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.Kellogg will establish a new company called The Healthy Snack People to operate the business, which manufactures the Sunbrite line of baked convenience foods and the Be Natural line of fruit and nut bars in Australia."This acquisition will broaden our convenience foods portfolio and enhance our growth opportunities, both in Australia and in export markets," said Jacobus "Koos" Groot, executive vice president, Kellogg Company, and president, Kellogg Asia-Pacific. "Our fast-growing convenience foods business in Australia is a great complement to our market-leading ready-to-eat cereal business as we plan for strong long-term growth."With sales of nearly $7 billion, Kellogg Company is the world's leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles, wholesome snacks, and meat alternatives. The company's brand names include Kellogg's, Special K, Rice Krispies, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Nutri-Grain, Morningstar Farms and Kashi.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review