US: Kellogg co-operating with safety probe after worker dies
Kellogg worker dies following work related accident
Kellogg is cooperating with a US Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) probe following the death of an employee after an accident at its manufacturing facility in Augusta, Georgia.
The OHSA is the federal body responsible for the enforcement of health and safety legislation.
Kellogg said it is assisting the OHSA with its investigation into the incident. "We are working with OSHA in their investigation of the situation," a spokesperson for the group told just-food.
"Last month, a colleague at our Augusta facility was involved in a work-related incident. Sadly, we have learned that he has since passed. We are extremely saddened by the passing of our colleague and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this difficult time," the spokesperson said.
Local reports suggest the employee fell from a ladder. Kellogg said the cause of death is yet to be confirmed. "Our understanding is that at this time, the cause of death has not yet been determined," the spokesperson added.
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report