USA: Kellogg Company Acquires Kashi Company
Kellogg Company announced today that it has acquired Kashi (KAH-SHE) Company, a leading natural cereal and convenience foods company.Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Kashi Company will continue to be based at its La Jolla, Calif., headquarters and will operate as part of Kellogg's natural and functional foods division.Founded in 1984 by Philip and Gayle Tauber, Kashi Company grew by more than 100 percent in the fiscal year just ended and is expected to deliver strong double-digit growth through the remainder of 2000."The acquisition of Kashi Company will give Kellogg leadership in a growing segment of the ready-to-eat cereal (RTEC) category," said Kellogg Company Executive Vice President John Cook, president of Kellogg North America. "Kashi will enhance our leadership position in the RTEC category and further extend our commitment to build our consumer base in the rapidly growing natural foods marketplace." In November 1999, Kellogg acquired Worthington Foods, Inc., the nation's leader in the veggie foods category.Kashi Company products are made with a blend of sesame and seven whole grains -- oats, long grain brown rice, rye, hard red winter wheat, triticale, buckwheat, and barley. The products are available in supermarkets and natural food stores in the United States and Canada and may also be ordered by mail and through the Internet (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review