US: Kellogg elects CEO Bryant chairman
Bryant will add chairman's job to roles as president and CEO in July
Bryant will become chairman of Kellogg's board of directors in July, replacing James Jenness.
Jenness, who has worked for Kellogg for four decades and was himself the US food group's CEO nine years ago, will stay on the board as a non-executive director.
He praised Bryant, who joined Kellogg in 1998 and became president and CEO in 2011.
"John has a deep understanding of all aspects of Kellogg Company's business and a clear vision of how we will deliver on our strategy and grow our business around the world," Jenness said. "His election to chairman demonstrates the board's confidence in his leadership."
Kellogg is battling lacklustre cereal sales in developed markets. It is revamping its production network worldwide to free up resources for advertising and marketing, as well as expansion in emerging markets.
The company will report its results for the first quarter of the year on Thursday (1 May).
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
"The Future of the Pasta & Noodles Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details