UK: Kellogg expands Special K snack bar line
Kellogg is gearing up to expand its line of Special K snacks in the UK with the addition of a mint chocolate bar.
The company has said that the low-fat Special K Bliss Mint Chocolate bar will stand out in a category dominated by fruit and nut flavours.
Kellogg has earmarked GBP6.6m (US$13.1m) to be spent on advertising Special K cereal bars during 2008. Some GBP2m will be spent during the autumn to support the new launch, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
The company added that it expects Special K Bliss Mint Chocolate bars to initially generate GBP2m in retail sales.
Kellogg hopes that the product development will allow the company to tap into biscuit consumers looking for a healthier, yet still indulgent, option.
"The launch of the new Special K Bliss Mint Chocolate offers a real opportunity for us to tap into a whole new consumer bracket," Jean-Yves Heude, Kellogg's, general manager, sales and snacks, said.
"Mint chocolate is a proven favourite in the biscuit category and now Kellogg's are offering a healthier alternative to consumers who may be watching their shape but still want to snack on a mint chocolate treat."
Kellogg, the world's largest cereal producer, has had a solid 18 months, managing to grow profits despite surging commodity costs, while also expanding in emerging markets. However, the US group has h...
The food industry has put itself at the heart of the UK government's new Change4Life anti-obesity drive. Ben Cooper reports on what companies are aiming to contribute and the merits of a collaborative...
US food and beverage giant PepsiCo has outlined a US$3bn investment package for its business in Mexico as it looks to build its Sabritas and Gamesa snacks operations south of the border....
US organics group The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is to launch a marketing campaign in a bid to educate consumers about the benefits of organic food....
Cereal giant Kellogg is offering consumers two free bowls of cereal in a promotion across the US....
Bel UK has launched a 16-portion 280g pack of The Laughing Cow Extra Light cheese....
The Campbell Soup Company today (14 November) announced the appointment of Sean Connolly as president, Campbell USA and Irene Chang Britt as president, North America Foodservice....
Change4Life, a food industry-backed scheme drawn up to help in the fight against obesity, has been launched by the UK government....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report