ISRAEL/USA: Kellogg JV with Elite collapses
The anticipated strategic cooperation between Kellogg of the US and Elite of Israel has failed to materialise, following intensive negotiations aimed at enabling Elite, one of Israel's two leading food manufacturers, to distribute Kellogg's cereals and launch the production of new food products, all from Kellogg's multinational kitchen. Kellogg, which owns 26 plants throughout the world, has annual sales amounting to US$8bn.During the negotiations an Elite executive commented that the anticipated cooperation "will not be limited to the marketing aspect," referring to Elite's plans to start manufacturing cereals, a fast growing item in Israel.However, negotiations between Kellogg and Elite ceased about a week ago. Elite responded, according to a report in today's Yediot Aharonot, saying that "Kellogg and Elite decided to end their negotiations aimed at examining the potential for cooperation between the two companies."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review