US: Kellogg launches “brain” bars
Kellogg has launched an alternative snack bar in the US designed to help promote a healthy brain.
The Live Bright brain-health bars contain 100mg of DHA Omega-3 to help support brain health, offering another way consumers can "take charge of their health", the company said yesterday (1 October).
"DHA Omega-3 is crucial to building and maintaining a healthy brain," said David Perlmutter, neurologist and Fellow of the American College of Nutrition. "Kellogg Company's new Live Bright brain-health bars make it easy to add this important fatty acid to your diet."
The bars are available in two flavours; dark chocolate & vanilla and double chocolate.
Kellogg said the bars contain five times more DHA than most Americans consume each day.
"Kellogg Company's new Live Bright brain health bars help put brain health in your hands with 100 milligrams of DHA Omega-3 per bar," said Jennifer Garrett, director of nutrition marketing at Kellogg. "These bars represent Kellogg Company's ongoing commitment to help consumers take charge of their health and well-being."
US cereal giant Kellogg has indicated that it will remain focused on innovation in the face of global recession, with product launches expected to drive continued growth in 2009 and beyond. One major ...
The concept of innovation is so commonplace in the food and drink sectors that there is a danger that it has crept into the realms of cliché. However, this week in London, the biennial global food and...
US politicians have criticised the country's food makers for failing to protect consumers during the recent salmonella outbreak, which has sickened 683 people in 46 states and resulted in nine deaths....
Kellogg, the US snacks and cereal giant, is launching a bar claimed to improve brain health in the UK next week at the IFE trade exhibition in London....
US cereal giant Kellogg has confirmed plans to delay its US$22.5m construction of an office building, which was to be located in downtown Battle Creek....
This week, Florida played host to the leading food manufacturers in the US as the likes of Kraft Foods, Kellogg and General Mills revealed how they see the outlook for the industry in 2009. There are ...
US cereal giant Kellogg has launched an aggressive programme to drive efficiency gains by cutting manufacturing costs, centralising procurement and increasing overhead discipline....
US natural food company Kashi has expanded its TLC Cracker line to include single-serve pouches....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report