US: Kellogg launches hot cereal, bars, shakes
Nourish hot cereal is the first hot cereal from Special K
Kellogg is hoping to tap into consumers' changing preferences for breakfast in the US with the launch of three products focusing on convenience, health, and expanding into the complementary formats of breakfast bars and drinks.
The cereal giant has rolled out Special K Nourish hot cereal and bars, as well as Kellogg's To Go breakfast shakes.
The US Nourish hot cereal contains quinoa, oats, barley and wheat. It is available in three variants: maple brown sugar crunch, cranberry almond, and cinnamon raisin pecan. This is the first hot cereal from Special K and comes in a two-pack of single-serve cups.
Special K Nourish cereal bars are available in dark chocolate nut delight, cranberry almond, and lemon twist flavours.
Kellogg's To Go breakfast shakes contain 5g fibre, 10g protein and are ready in three flavours: milk chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
"Special K Nourish hot cereal and bars are specifically designed for people who are seeking positive nutrition to help manage their weight," said Doug VanDeVelde, senior vice president, Kellogg Morning Foods. "These consumers are focused on eating better, not just eating less."
"Kellogg's believes in the power of breakfast, and too many people skip this important meal," said VanDeVelde. "That's why we created a new delicious option for on-the-go breakfast nutrition."
Cereal consumption in the US - and more broadly in developed markets - has come under mounting pressure, as consumers eshew traditional breakfast concepts in favour of more convenient or healthier options. Competition from other breakfast categories, such as morning goods, food service operators and new formats - including drinks, bars and biscuits - has prompted cereal manufacturers to increase investments in innovation, marketing and promotions.
Click here for just-food's four-part management briefing, which assesses the issues shaping the cereal category.
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Energy Bars category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution chan...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Baking Ingredients category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable d...
Kellogg has launched convenience breakfast lines in Spain and Italy as it continues to try to win over more consumers in Europe....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Baking Mixes category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on...
A swathe of third-quarter results dominated our pages last week, and a number made for grim reading. Cereal giant Kellogg lowered its full-year outlook and unveiled plans to cut 7% of its workforce wh...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report