US: Kellogg rolls out cereal, snacks NPD
Jif Peanut Butter Cereal is one of the latest additions to Kellogg's portfolio
Kellogg has announced 12 new product launches in its home market as it works to rejuvenate sales in its core breakfast and snacking brands.
Earlier this year the firm was hit by downward pressure on sales in both the snack and cereal aisles. It said it would look to revive breakfast as an "occasion", place cereal at the forefront of consumers minds and concentrate on winning share over alternative breakfast options.
Last week it announced its first product collaboration with Danone - the YoCrunch Greek Cereal Bowl - a combination of yoghurt and cereal.
The latest product launch list sees it further push cereal as a "beyond breakfast" product, extending it to snack categories and portable options.
Here is a list of the latest products in the cereal, snacks and frozen options categories to look out for.
- Jif Peanut Butter cereal: Made with Jif Peanut Butter and contains 100 calories and eight grams of whole grain as well as 11 vitamins and minerals.
- Rice Krispies Multi Grain Shapes: Made with rice and whole grain and has 12 vitamins and minerals and six grams of sugar per serving.
- On the Go Fun cereal pouches: In a move to position cereal as a "snack" option, Kellogg has also launched portable snack packs of Froot Loops, Krave Chocolate, Apple Jacks and Corn Pops in single serving portable snack packs.
- MorningStar Farms veggie breakfast sandwiches: These are available in Veggie Sausage, Egg & Cheese at 220 calories and with 15 grams of protein and; Veggie Scramble with Cheese, 140 calories and with 10 grams of protein. Each features thin English muffins made with whole grain.
- Kellogg's Eggo Bites Chocolatey Chips pancakes: These are a portable option, and come in a microwaveable pouch for easy preparation. They are packed with flavour so require no syrup.
- Kellogg's Eggo Thick & Fluffy Minis Chocolate Delight waffles: These chocolate flavoured waffles have been marketed as a breakfast or snacking option.
- New Keebler S'mores cookies: Available in original and peanut butter flavours.
- New Keebler Simply Made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies: The third Simply Made product from Keebler and continue the theme of simple ingredients, with no artificial preservatives or colours.
- Town House® Pretzel crackers: Available in Parmesan Herb and Sea Salt and are designed for "casual snacking" and entertaining.
- Club Cornbread Cracker Bites: Available in home style and jalepeno varieties and offer the cornbread experience in a snackable cracker form.
- Rice Krispies Crackle Snaps: Bite size nits with caramel or fudge drizzle in portable pouches for easy snacking in the car or on the run.
- Rice Krispies Treats Blasted bars: Are a "smart snack" with 90 calories per 22g bar and include ingredients such as S'mores and Chocolatey chips.
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Danone-Productie si Distributie de Produse Alimentare (PDPA)’s main strategy in Romania consists of attracting consumers with affordable prices, promotions and new product launches. Approximately 90% ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs