UK: Kellogg slashes cereal bar prices by 30%
Kellogg's hopes to boost its core lines through a five-month long price promotion
Kellogg is slashing the price of its core cereal bar snacks brands by 30% as part of a promotion to boost incremental sales in the UK.
Between February and July, individual price-marked packs will be reduced by GBP0.16 (US$0.26).
The announcement follows an earlier move from Kellogg that saw it reduce the number of bars in its portfolio to eight.
Nick Dawson, UK customer director of specialty channels at Kellogg, said: "This price promotion is massive news for the channel because it's the biggest one we've ever done on single snacks.
"We know retailers don't have elastic shelves which is why are now focussing on a tight core range of eight to give them a greater understanding of what they should stock with limited space."
The brands included in the promotion are: Rice Krispies Squares Totally Chocolatey, Biscuit Moments Strawberry, Nutri-Grain Soft and Fruity Strawberry, Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow, Nutri-Grain Breakfast Slices Raisin, Special K Chewy Delight Milk Chocolate, Coco Pops bars and Crunchy Nut Chocolate Peanut Crisp Bar.
"This offer will really help us to bring these changes to life and drive visibility for the new core snacks range in store. This will be a huge sales driver as we know 78% of cereal snacks purchases are incremental," Dawson added.
"Shoppers love to grab a bargain and try new things so we are offering them great value tasty food at a competitive price.
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Energy Bars category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution chan...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Baking Ingredients category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable d...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits