UK: Kellogg slashes cereal bar prices by 30%
Kellogg's hopes to boost its core lines through a five-month long price promotion
Kellogg is slashing the price of its core cereal bar snacks brands by 30% as part of a promotion to boost incremental sales in the UK.
Between February and July, individual price-marked packs will be reduced by GBP0.16 (US$0.26).
The announcement follows an earlier move from Kellogg that saw it reduce the number of bars in its portfolio to eight.
Nick Dawson, UK customer director of specialty channels at Kellogg, said: "This price promotion is massive news for the channel because it's the biggest one we've ever done on single snacks.
"We know retailers don't have elastic shelves which is why are now focussing on a tight core range of eight to give them a greater understanding of what they should stock with limited space."
The brands included in the promotion are: Rice Krispies Squares Totally Chocolatey, Biscuit Moments Strawberry, Nutri-Grain Soft and Fruity Strawberry, Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow, Nutri-Grain Breakfast Slices Raisin, Special K Chewy Delight Milk Chocolate, Coco Pops bars and Crunchy Nut Chocolate Peanut Crisp Bar.
"This offer will really help us to bring these changes to life and drive visibility for the new core snacks range in store. This will be a huge sales driver as we know 78% of cereal snacks purchases are incremental," Dawson added.
"Shoppers love to grab a bargain and try new things so we are offering them great value tasty food at a competitive price.
Kellogg has revealed plans to launch Kellogg's Gluten Free Organic Puffed Corn Cereal in the UK next month....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016