UK: Kellogg slashes cereal bar prices by 30%
Kellogg's hopes to boost its core lines through a five-month long price promotion
Kellogg is slashing the price of its core cereal bar snacks brands by 30% as part of a promotion to boost incremental sales in the UK.
Between February and July, individual price-marked packs will be reduced by GBP0.16 (US$0.26).
The announcement follows an earlier move from Kellogg that saw it reduce the number of bars in its portfolio to eight.
Nick Dawson, UK customer director of specialty channels at Kellogg, said: "This price promotion is massive news for the channel because it's the biggest one we've ever done on single snacks.
"We know retailers don't have elastic shelves which is why are now focussing on a tight core range of eight to give them a greater understanding of what they should stock with limited space."
The brands included in the promotion are: Rice Krispies Squares Totally Chocolatey, Biscuit Moments Strawberry, Nutri-Grain Soft and Fruity Strawberry, Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow, Nutri-Grain Breakfast Slices Raisin, Special K Chewy Delight Milk Chocolate, Coco Pops bars and Crunchy Nut Chocolate Peanut Crisp Bar.
"This offer will really help us to bring these changes to life and drive visibility for the new core snacks range in store. This will be a huge sales driver as we know 78% of cereal snacks purchases are incremental," Dawson added.
"Shoppers love to grab a bargain and try new things so we are offering them great value tasty food at a competitive price.
Canadean's "Kellogg Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
Kellogg reduced its reliance on breakfast cereals with the Pringles acquisition in 2012, giving it a strengthened presence in sweet and savoury snacks and frozen food products. The company is now begi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Others. The repo...
A new domestic cereal manufacturer, Grupo César Iglesias, has emerged in 2014 and inaugurated the country’s first plant to manufacture cornflakes. Cornflakes remain highly popular among consumers, and...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis