US: Kellogg to buy granola, veggie firms
Kellogg, the world's largest cereal maker, is set to buy two US firms for a combined total of up to US$150m.
The company said yesterday (6 November) that it had agreed to buy Bear Naked, a producer of natural granola products, and Wholesome & Hearty Foods Co., a producer of vegetarian foods.
In a filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Kellogg said it had paid around $122m in cash for the two businesses.
However, pending regulatory approvals and "other pre-closing conditions", Kellogg said it expects to close the acquisitions by the end of the year, for a total that could reach $150m.
Wal-Mart's move this week to appoint a top Rewe executive to study how to break into Russia has again raised the question of when the US giant - as well as Carrefour and Tesco - will enter the fast-gr...
US supermarket group Kroger has appointed former Kellogg executive Angel Colon to head-up its multi-cultural business development....
Investment firms and banks gained ground in the number of mergers and acquisitions in the US food industry last year, a study has shown....
As Fairtrade Fortnight draws to a close, we take a look at the ever-growing interest from consumers and major corporations in the category. This week, we have also seen Nestle invest in frozen food in...
Kellogg is not looking to buy the Spanish biscuit brands put up for sale by fellow US food giant Kraft Foods, just-food understands....
Germany's chocolate makers have become the centre of the latest price-fixing probe to hit the sector this week, while the ambitions of Tesco and Aldi in the US also grabbed your attention. Here are th...
Kellogg's has today (13 February) launched a bid to become a major snacks player in the UK....
Kellogg today (6 January) reaffirmed its full-year earnings guidance for 2008 amid continuing pressure on costs....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020