UK: Kellogg, Weetabix, ABF "eye Dorset Cereals"
Wellness Foods bought Dorset Cereals from Langholm Capital in 2008
Last month, The Daily Telegraph reported Wellness Foods was looking to sell the business for GBP40m-50m (US$66.3-82.8m).
Speaking to just-food today (4 April), a spokesperson for Dorset Cereals told just-food the business had attracted interest as it had seen "the fastest growth in the number of buyers of any major brand in the cereal category".
The spokesperson said: "As a consequence of our success our owners Wellness Foods have had interest from a number of companies. This is a confidential process and no decision has yet been made as to whether a sale will take place."
Kellogg would not comment on whether it was interested in Dorset Cereals but added: "As part of our strategy, we are always looking for strategic acquisitions or joint ventures that can strengthen our business."
Weetabix and ABF cereal arm Jordans did not respond to requests for comment.
Earlier this month, it emerged Wellness Foods had sold its Rowse Honey business to Irish food group Valeo Foods.
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Kellogg Company - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Kellogg Company - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business structure and......
UK-based Associated British Foods Plc (ABF) has established a foothold in most regional markets, but its sales are significantly biased towards developed markets. Combined, developed markets accounted...
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer