UK: Kellogg, Weetabix, ABF "eye Dorset Cereals"
Wellness Foods bought Dorset Cereals from Langholm Capital in 2008
Last month, The Daily Telegraph reported Wellness Foods was looking to sell the business for GBP40m-50m (US$66.3-82.8m).
Speaking to just-food today (4 April), a spokesperson for Dorset Cereals told just-food the business had attracted interest as it had seen "the fastest growth in the number of buyers of any major brand in the cereal category".
The spokesperson said: "As a consequence of our success our owners Wellness Foods have had interest from a number of companies. This is a confidential process and no decision has yet been made as to whether a sale will take place."
Kellogg would not comment on whether it was interested in Dorset Cereals but added: "As part of our strategy, we are always looking for strategic acquisitions or joint ventures that can strengthen our business."
Weetabix and ABF cereal arm Jordans did not respond to requests for comment.
Earlier this month, it emerged Wellness Foods had sold its Rowse Honey business to Irish food group Valeo Foods.
Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Associated British Foods plc - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s ......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Associated British Foods plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Kellogg Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report