USA: Kenosha Beef International adopts SureBeam Processing
San Diego-based SureBeam Corporation today [Monday] announced that Kenosha Beef International, one of the nation's oldest and largest suppliers of ground beef to the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) segment of the industry, has agreed to use the company#;s electron beam technology to removes bacteria from food.
Dennis D. Vignieri, Kenosha Beef president and CEO, said: “For more than six decades, Kenosha Beef has been a leader providing quality beef for the QSR industry. We are committed to providing our customers with the choice of using the latest technological innovations to help ensure safer, better tasting, and highest quality ground beef products on the market.”
Created and launched by The Titan Corporation through an IPO on 16 March last year, the SureBeam Corporation explains that its electron beam and x-ray technology improves food quality, prolongs shelf life, and provides disinfestation that helps to protect the environment.
Larry Oberkfell, SureBeam president and CEO, commented: “We are having remarkable success in capturing supermarket trade, and we are now beginning to penetrate the enormous processing potential of the QSR industry.
“Fifty cents out of every dollar that consumers pay for food is spent in the US$400bn plus food service market.”
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review