REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Kerry, Golden Vale deal to be completed by end of September
Irish food major the Kerry Group has confirmed that its buyout of dairy co-operative Golden Vale should be completed by the end of September this year. Kerry has also set a closing date for deal on 2 August. The cash and shares takeover offer values Golden Vale at around €238.7m, or €1.54 a share, and was agreed on Monday, two weeks after the dairy company rejected Kerry's initial approach.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth