IRELAND: Kerry nears Breeo Foods buy
Kerry Foods, the Ireland-based group, is close to buying local business Breeo Foods, just-food understands.
Kerry is near to signing a EUR171m (US$251m) deal to buy Breeo, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Reox Holdings, the owner of Breeo, which owns brands including Dairygold butter and Shaw's deli meats, has been locked in talks over the sale of the business.
A spokesman for Reox said the company was in "very advanced talks" over a possible sale but declined to name the suitor or comment further.
Kerry has been repeatedly linked to Breeo but has remained tight-lipped. A spokesman for the company again today (18 January) declined to comment.
"There has been a lot of speculation and Kerry hasn't commented at any stage," the spokesman said.
Earlier this week, Kerry did confirm that it is set to complete one acquisition. The company is close to buying the UK sandwich business owned by turkey producer Bernard Matthews with a deal expected within days.
UK turkey producer Bernard Matthews is adding to its cooked meat products with the launch of Packed Munch, a range designed to target the children's lunchbox sector....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund