IRELAND: Kerry sees double-digit growth driven by ingredients
- Revenues up 10.3%
- Operating profit up 10.8%
- Expects 2013 EPS growth of 7-11%
Kerry sees FY gains
Kerry Group booked a double-digit increase in sales and earnings for fiscal 2012, with growth driven by its ingredients and flavours arm.
In a regulatory filing released this morning (26 February), the Irish food and ingredients group said revenues increased by 10.3% in the year, rising to EUR5.8bn (US$7.6bn). Operating profit rose by 10.8% to EUR54.7m, while earnings per share gained 11.3%.
Sales at Kerry's ingredients and flavours unit rose 14% while trading profit was up 15.1%. Meanwhile, the competitive consumer environment meant the consumer foods unit lagged, with sales up 2.3% and trading profit up 0.1%.
Chief executive Stan McCarthy said the results reflected the progress made on the "1 Kerry" business transformation programme, which aims to exploit Kerry's technologies and expertise to drive growth.
"We continue to invest in our technologies, innovation and nutritional expertise, and also in expanding our footprint throughout developing markets," he commented.
Kerry said it expects to see EPS growth of 7-11% in the coming year.
|Preliminary Statement of Results for the year-ended 31 December 2012|
|Kerry, the global ingredients & flavours and consumer foods group, reports preliminary results for the year-ended 31 December 2012.
• Adjusted EPS* up 11.3% to 237.6 cent
• Sales revenue increased by 10.3% to €5.8 billion
• 2.8% increase in continuing business volumes
• Trading profit increased by 10.8% to €555m
• Group trading margin up 10 basis points to 9.5%
- Ingredients & Flavours +10 basis points to 12%
- Consumer Foods 20 basis points lower at 7.6%
• Final dividend per share of 25 cent (Total 2012 dividend up 11.2% to 35.8 cent)
• Record free cash flow of €380m (2011 : €279m)
• R&D investment of €186m
Original source: Kerry Foods
Kerry Group is one of the world’s largest food ingredients companies. It has achieved this by building up a portfolio of ingredients via acquisitions, enabling it to offer its customers a full range o...
Cheese in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-2011, and forecast to 2016). The profi...
Dairy in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains description...
"Kerry Group plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overv...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets