UK: Kerry targets kids with new Richmond lines
Kerry Foods group has launched a mini range of popular Richmond products
Kerry Group is continuing to target UK kids through its teatime range, adding new lines of Mini Sausages and Mini Burgers.
Available this month, the products come on the back of the "successful" Richmond Mini Meatball launch said a statement issued by the company.
The new 'mini' range will include three chilled products - meatballs, sausages and burgers - and two within the frozen sector; meatballs and sausages.
Caroline Segalen, marketing manager for Richmond, said: "We have identified an opportunity in the market to offer a teatime solution for mums that will enable retailers to drive incremental sales and unlock category growth. We know mums today are on the go and want to grab something quick and easy that delivers on taste and convenience. By expanding the Richmond range, we are giving shoppers' choice, delivering a variety of products to suit their family's needs from a brand they know and trust.
The chilled range of products, Mini Meatballs, Mini Burgers and Mini Sausages will retail at GBP1.75 (US$2.91) and the frozen Mini Meatballs and Mini Sausages will retail at GBP1.50
Kerry Foods is expanding its £150m Richmond portfolio and teatime offering with the introduction of a new range of teatime products – Mini Sausages and Mini Burgers.
Available from 10th March, the exciting innovation comes on the back of the successful Richmond Mini Meatball launch, which landed in the top 15% of FMCG launches for 2013.
Richmond is perfectly placed to drive category growth through innovation. The new range will include three chilled products; meatballs, sausages and burgers, and two within the frozen sector; meatballs and sausages. By offering consumers greater choice whilst leveraging its credibility as a trusted family brand, Richmond is set to drive trial and attract new consumers to the category.
The new range has been developed to bring variety to the teatime occasion. Its key benefit of cooking in just eight minutes makes it the perfect solution for quick, convenient children’s mealtimes for busy mums. The packaging will capture the attention of consumers and will highlight the brand’s unique proposition of good value mealtime solutions.
Caroline Segalen, marketing manager for Richmond, comments: “We have identified an opportunity in the market to offer a teatime solution for mums that will enable retailers to drive incremental sales and unlock category growth. We know mums today are on the go and want to grab something quick and easy that delivers on taste and convenience. By expanding the Richmond range, we are giving shoppers’ choice, delivering a variety of products to suit their family’s needs from a brand they know and trust.”
Segalen continues: “The launch will be supported throughout the year with three big bursts of TV advertising, with a 10 second tag following the 20 second core advert, reaching 92% of mums. Retailers are encouraged to merchandise the new range alongside Richmond sausages and utilise in-store Point of Sale material to drive trial and increase brand repertoire.”
- Richmond Mini Meatballs, Mini Burgers and Mini Sausages RSP Chilled – £1.75
- Richmond Mini Meatballs and Mini Sausages RSP Frozen – £1.50
Original source: Kerry Foods
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis