SWEDEN: KF says plans for Nordic coop pact in final stages
Göran Axell, chairman of the Swedish consumer cooperative group KF, said recently that talks to create a common operational ground for the cooperative groups KF, FDB of Denmark and NKL of Norway had progressed, and that a detailed proposal would be presented to the members in December.Mr Axell commented on media reports in Denmark, claiming the three parties were in talks to merge their operations. The Swedish chairman would not go so far as to say they were holding merger talks, but he commented that they strived for an "intimate" cooperation, which could, of course, lead to mutually owned companies."We have to do something to respond to the increased competitiveness in the Nordic food retail market," Göran Axell said. He said that future plans were focused on how to draw on and increase the purchasing loyalities of about five million individual members which the three coops have in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. In a next step, Mr Axell said, they hoped also to include similar coops in Finland and the Baltic States into the larger cooperation that is now being planned.Read our Feature Article: "Nordic Food Retail Market Buzzing with Takeover Rumours" at:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report