PUERTO RICO: KFC combines publicity and public relations
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) of Puerto Rico has implemented a major new promotional campaign in Puerto Rico called “Contributing to Puerto Rico#;s Future.” In addition to promoting the restaurants themselves, the campaign carries a strong anti-drug message aimed at young Puerto Ricans. A free booklet will be made available at KFC#;s 80 restaurants that offers drug-related advice to parents of adolescents. The campaign will reach its peak in February 2001 when a series of TV ads will be used to reinforce the message. This campaign exemplifies a trend in the fast food industry toward combining publicity with public relations by means of community action projects.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes