USA: KFC marks its 50th anniversary
Chicago, Il-based fastfood giant Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is celebrating its 50th birthday the first week of August 2002. The now-famous Colonel Harlan Sanders first served his "original recipe" chicken at his cafe in Corbin, Ky. Franchisee Pete Harman helped spur the Colonel's chicken to global consumers, however, making a deal with Sanders to sell the coated chicken at his Salt Lake City, Utah restaurant paying Sanders a nickel per chicken.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO