USA: KFC marks its 50th anniversary
Chicago, Il-based fastfood giant Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is celebrating its 50th birthday the first week of August 2002. The now-famous Colonel Harlan Sanders first served his "original recipe" chicken at his cafe in Corbin, Ky. Franchisee Pete Harman helped spur the Colonel's chicken to global consumers, however, making a deal with Sanders to sell the coated chicken at his Salt Lake City, Utah restaurant paying Sanders a nickel per chicken.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report