CHINA: KFC opens 70th outlet in Beijing
US fastfood chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) has opened its 70th outlet in Beijing city, securing its dominant position in the city's fastfood market. KFC, which is owned by Tricon Global Restaurants , entered the local market in 1987. To date, it has recorded 192 million customer visits in 520 outlets situated throughout 130 Chinese cities. Around 99% of those restaurants are profitable.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs