CHINA: KFC opens 70th outlet in Beijing
US fastfood chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) has opened its 70th outlet in Beijing city, securing its dominant position in the city's fastfood market. KFC, which is owned by Tricon Global Restaurants , entered the local market in 1987. To date, it has recorded 192 million customer visits in 520 outlets situated throughout 130 Chinese cities. Around 99% of those restaurants are profitable.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp