MALAYSIA: KFC will hold on to Ayamas stake
Fastfood chain operator KFC Holdings is not planning to divest its 48% holding in Ayamas Food Corp. KFC Holdings sold a 5.1% stake in Ayamas earlier this summer, prompting rumours that the rest of the company may be up for grabs. However, Group Executive Director Johari Abdul Ghani was quoted as saying: "Ayamas has always been viewed by KFCH as a strategic investment. We want to bring Ayamas to a new level." He added that he expected Ayamas to become a significant player in the region within three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods