MALAYSIA: KFC will hold on to Ayamas stake
Fastfood chain operator KFC Holdings is not planning to divest its 48% holding in Ayamas Food Corp. KFC Holdings sold a 5.1% stake in Ayamas earlier this summer, prompting rumours that the rest of the company may be up for grabs. However, Group Executive Director Johari Abdul Ghani was quoted as saying: "Ayamas has always been viewed by KFCH as a strategic investment. We want to bring Ayamas to a new level." He added that he expected Ayamas to become a significant player in the region within three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid