AUSTRALIA: KH Foods profits down 86.1%
KH Foods has reported a decline in profits of 86.1% for the first half of the financial year, ended 31 January, despite an increase in revenue from continuing operations of 0.3% to AUD$52.64m (US$37.409m).
The company reported a net loss before tax of $22.6m for the half. Excluding non-trading items and the impact of the first time adoption of the Australian equivalent of the International Financial Reporting Standards (AIFRS), the group reported a trading loss of $13.9m. This compares to an AIFRS bakery division trading loss before tax of $11.1m for the half-year.
No dividends were declared or paid during the half.
Following the announcement, KH Foods stock fell 7.41% to $1.250 per share.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti