JAPAN: Kikkoman lowers profit forecast
Japanese soy sauce producer Kikkoman Group has forecast a significant drop in net profit for its 2008/2009 fiscal year.
For the 12 months to 31 March, net profit is forecast to drop to JPY2.2bn (US$22.3m) from JPY8.8bn in the previous year.
Revenue, however, is expected to remain flat at JPY405bn, the same figure as in 2007.
Kikkoman also expects operating profit to remain flat at JPY19bn, and pre-tax profit at JPY16.5bln, the same figure as the previous year, local reports said yesterday (25 March).
Sectors: Commodities & ingredients
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- BRF in JV with UK foodservice firm Invicta