AUSTRALIA: King Island takeover likely to go ahead next month
The bid by National Foods to takeover King Island Company looks likely to be completed next month, as King Island chairman Ray King has recommended that shareholders to accept the offer by 1 February because a higher bid is unlikely. King commented: "We recommend that King Island shareholders who have not already accepted National Foods' offer do so immediately to realise a significant value premium for their shares."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund