VIETNAM: Kinh Do finds global market for moon cakes
Vietnamese baked goods and confectionery producer Kinh Do has identified a growing global market for the local delicacy known as moon cakes.
The company has exported five containers of 72 tons of moon cakes to Germany and the US, and says it expects 2006 exports to reach 100 tons, 20% up on last year.
Popular throughout Vietnam, there is a range of moon cakes which include ingredients such as lotus seeds, green beans and green tea. They are also available to local consumers with Internet access.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife