FRANCE/JAPAN: Kirin acquires Germicopa, set to boost Japanese potato market
French potato variety developer Germicopa is set to enter the far eastern market, after Japanese giant Kirin Brewery Company purchased 71% of the group's outstanding shares of several billion yen. The brewer announced the buyout on Friday, and revealed that the deal gives it sales rights to all Germicopa-developed potato varieties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations