VIETNAM: KKR doubles investment in Masan Consumer Corp
KKR bought a 10% stake in Masan for $159m in April last year
Private equity firm KKR has doubled its investment in Masan Consumer Corp, taking a bigger stake in the Vietnam noodle and fish sauce firm.
The deal, which marks the largest single private equity investment in the Southeast Asian country, will see KKR invest an additional US$200m in Masan, the two firms said in a joint statement today (9 January).
KKR bought a 10% stake in Masan for $159m in April last year, its first acquisition in Vietnam.
KKR, however, did not disclose what stake it now holds in Masan Consumer following this latest purchase of primary and secondary shares.
"Doubling our investment in less than two years demonstrates our strong conviction in Vietnam's growth story, Masan Group as our partner of choice in Vietnam and Masan Consumer as a leading Vietnam consumption platform," said KKR regional head of Southeast Asia, Ming Lu.
TPG Capital and Danish investment fund BankInvest also own stakes in Masan, whose brands include Chin-Su, Omachi and Kokomi.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details