VIETNAM: KKR doubles investment in Masan Consumer Corp
KKR bought a 10% stake in Masan for $159m in April last year
Private equity firm KKR has doubled its investment in Masan Consumer Corp, taking a bigger stake in the Vietnam noodle and fish sauce firm.
The deal, which marks the largest single private equity investment in the Southeast Asian country, will see KKR invest an additional US$200m in Masan, the two firms said in a joint statement today (9 January).
KKR bought a 10% stake in Masan for $159m in April last year, its first acquisition in Vietnam.
KKR, however, did not disclose what stake it now holds in Masan Consumer following this latest purchase of primary and secondary shares.
"Doubling our investment in less than two years demonstrates our strong conviction in Vietnam's growth story, Masan Group as our partner of choice in Vietnam and Masan Consumer as a leading Vietnam consumption platform," said KKR regional head of Southeast Asia, Ming Lu.
TPG Capital and Danish investment fund BankInvest also own stakes in Masan, whose brands include Chin-Su, Omachi and Kokomi.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report