UK/USA: KKR not mulling Sainsbury's bid - report
A source close to US buyout firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co has said the company is not mulling a takeover bid for UK supermarket firm J Sainsbury, despite media reports to the contrary. A UK newspaper reported at the weekend that KKR, which earlier this year expressed interest in acquiring UK supermarket chain Safeway, had enlisted Archie Norman, a former chief executive of Asda, to look into the possibility of KKR making an offer for J Sainsbury.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund