USA: Kmart and Fleming sign $4.5 billion alliance
In a move that optimizes the efficiency of the supply chain, Kmart Corporation (NYSE:KM) and Fleming Companies, Inc. (NYSE:FLM) today announced they have signed a $4.5 billion supply chain arrangement in which Fleming will provide substantially all of the food and consumable products in all current and future Kmart and Kmart supercenter stores. The agreement follows several months of discussions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill