USA: Kmart posts first quarterly results since emerging from bankruptcy
Discount retailer Kmart has filed its first quarterly results since it emerged from bankruptcy protection in May. The reorganised Kmart posted a net loss of US$5m for the second quarter to 30 July, compared to a loss of $293m in the year-ago quarter amid bankruptcy restructuring. Sales were down 21% to $5.65bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat