KOREA/USA: Korean shellfish exports to the US recommence
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has re-registered Korean shellfish processing plants on the Interstate Certified Shellfish Shippers List.
The FDA had suspended US importation of Korean oysters on 26 August this year as a result of concerns about contamination.
After re-evaluating the quality of Korea's sanitary management of shellfish the FDA allowed importation to recommence as of 29 October, reported the Korea Herald.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has begun to loosen its labelling restrictions, allowing manufacturers of certain products to make qualified health claims on the labels. This has led to some...
Recent weeks have seen further arguments between the US and Canada over beef, and between the US and Japan over beef. Disputes in which one side insists it's operating on food health grounds while the...
LycoRed has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the use of Tomat-O-Red natural tomato lycopene as a food colouring....
The US Food and Drug Administration will begin notifying food companies in writing before demanding records in an emergency....
The US Food and Drug Administration has ruled that most cheeses can be fortified with enough vitamin D to be eligible to make the labelling claim "excellent source of vitamin D."...
Telling pregnant women to eat less fish that may contain mercury causes more harm than good, say Harvard University researchers....
Kalsec, a producer of herb and spice flavourings and colourings, has asked the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today to rescind its acceptance of the use of carbon monoxide in case-ready meats....
US food giant H.J. Heinz has welcomed the decision by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to grant approval for the use of a Qualified Health Claim for raw, cooked, dried or canned tomatoes....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review