EUROPE/USA: Kraft agrees to sell retail rice businesses in Europe
US food giant Kraft Foods has agreed to sell its retail rice business in Germany, Austria and Denmark to Ebro Puleva, a Spanish producer of sugar, dairy and rice products, The proposed sale, which is subject to approval by the German competition authorities, includes the reis-fit brand marketed in Germany and Austria and ris-fix sold in Denmark, which have combined revenues of over €27m (US$28.9m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group