EUROPE/USA: Kraft agrees to sell retail rice businesses in Europe
US food giant Kraft Foods has agreed to sell its retail rice business in Germany, Austria and Denmark to Ebro Puleva, a Spanish producer of sugar, dairy and rice products, The proposed sale, which is subject to approval by the German competition authorities, includes the reis-fit brand marketed in Germany and Austria and ris-fix sold in Denmark, which have combined revenues of over €27m (US$28.9m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast