EUROPE/USA: Kraft agrees to sell retail rice businesses in Europe
US food giant Kraft Foods has agreed to sell its retail rice business in Germany, Austria and Denmark to Ebro Puleva, a Spanish producer of sugar, dairy and rice products, The proposed sale, which is subject to approval by the German competition authorities, includes the reis-fit brand marketed in Germany and Austria and ris-fix sold in Denmark, which have combined revenues of over €27m (US$28.9m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre