US: Kraft appoints P&G's Myers as supply chain boss
Kraft Foods has appointed former Procter & Gamble executive Daniel Myers as executive vice president, supply chain.
Myers, 56, will join the US food company in September and lead the functional groups that make up its integrated supply chain, including procurement, manufacturing, engineering and customer service and logistics.
He succeeds David Brearton, who is now executive vice president and CFO. Myers will report to chairman and CEO Irene Rosenfeld and be a member of the company's executive team.
"Daniel has extensive experience driving cost savings across complex global supply chains - in food, beverages and many other products," said Rosenfeld. "This expertise will complement our current end-to-end cost management initiatives, including Project SAVOR in Procurement and Lean Six Sigma in Manufacturing. I'm confident that Daniel's leadership can accelerate efficiencies in our operations, which fuels our virtuous growth cycle."
Myers is to join Kraft Foods from Procter & Gamble, where he has been for 33 years. Most recently, he served as vice president, product supply, where he led the supply chain function for P&G's global hair care business.
As well as our raft of insight articles, just-food continued to provide all the breaking news throughout the food industry in 2011. Below are the ten articles that had you clicking the most throughout...
just-food's most popular analysis articles in 2011 had a very international flavour. Denmark's move to levy a tax on saturated fat grabbed your attention, as did our features on India's infant formula...
2011 was again a year in which just-food discussed the key industry issues with the leading lights in the sector. From the creation of meat-free firm Quorn Foods to Ferrero's ambitions in the UK and f...
A year ago, there was consensus that M&A activity would pick up in 2011. As we look back on the last 12 months, there were some major deals but concern over the economy meant the numbers of deals fell...
The year began with predictions that sustainability would continue to rise up the corporate agenda this year, and so it has proved....
While seeing sales slide in certain markets, globally, the organic sector has largely proved resilient amid the worst economic conditions for a generation. Euromonitor International's Diana Cowland lo...
Kraft Foods is set to launch its breakfast biscuit brand Belvita in the US....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review