UK: Kraft combines Cadbury, Oreo for bar launch
The launch will be supported with digital activity to target Cadbury Dairy Milk and Oreo consumers
Kraft Foods has combined two of its power brands to create Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo for the UK market.
Available from 8 October, Kraft has combined the two brands to create what it says is a "unique and playful tablet". The bar contains a creamy filling with crunchy pieces of Oreo cookie coated in Cadbury Dairy Milk.
The launch will be supported with digital activity to target Cadbury Dairy Milk and Oreo consumers, as well as utilising Cadbury's Joyville digital platform.
Joyville is Cadbury's ten-year brand communications platform strategy launched in February this year.
"Combining these two extremely popular brands to create Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo seemed like a natural fit and offers an exciting opportunity for retailers to help boost sales and capitalise on the phenomenal reputation of each brand individually," said Kraft marketing activation director Matthew Williams.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units