ITALY: Kraft Europe acquires Danone's Vitasnella
Kraft Foods Europe has acquired the Vitasnella snack business from food and dairy giant Danone in Italy.
Kraft Europe, which is being integrated in snack firm Mondelez International following the spin-off of the US grocery business, has reportedly bought the company as part of its consolidation plans in Europe.
The transaction, confirmed today (5 October), has been made for an undisclosed sum.
A spokesperson for Kraft told just-food: "We think that this deal fits well into the recently announced spin-off and relevant launch of a global snacking company, Mondelez International."
The Oreo cookie producer, which still operates under Kraft Foods Europe on the Continent, will retain Italian production of low-fat Vitasnella biscuits, snacks and bread derivatives, Reuters reported.
Danone will keep the Vitasnella brand for yoghurt and cheese, the publication noted.
The Vitasnella brand is known in Italy for its low-fat products.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth