USA: Kraft Foods Aligns Company Name in Europe
Kraft Foods International announced that it will change the name of its various companies in Europe, including Kraft Jacobs Suchard and Kraft Freia Marabou, to one common global name -- Kraft Foods. This decision is part of a broader internal program to establish a common vision and identity across all of the affiliates and regions of Kraft Foods International. "In Europe, our company developed over the past decade through a series of acquisitions, and our local company names incorporated the names of these acquired companies," said Roger Deromedi, President and Chief Executive Officer of Kraft Foods International. "Prominent among these were the acquisitions of the Jacobs Suchard coffee and confectionery business, the Freia Marabou confectionery company and a number of companies in Central and Eastern Europe. "Following a period of consolidation over the last few years, we have taken actions to create a 'one-company' organization designed to drive growth in the future. The name change in Europe to Kraft Foods is consistent with this new 'one-company' approach and also better aligns our overall worldwide identity with Kraft Foods North America." The change in name will be phased in gradually across all the European countries in which the company operates over the coming months. The company's businesses elsewhere in the world are already called Kraft Foods. Kraft Foods International, with businesses in Europe, the Middle East/Africa and Asia/Pacific, is a unit of Philip Morris Companies Inc., the world's largest producer and marketer of consumer packaged goods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report