USA: Kraft Foods announces Latin American business sales, plant closings
Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT), a global leader in branded foods and beverages, Friday (12 October) announced an agreement to sell the assets of its dairy business in Brazil to Parmalat. The sale, which is expected to close by the end of November, includes the Gloria and Avare brands and the manufacturing facilities in Cerqueira Cesar, Itaperuna, and Jaragua do Sul, all of them located in Brazil. The dairy business, with close to 600 employees, had sales of R$175.4 million (US$63 million) in 2000. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review