USA: Kraft Foods announces Latin American business sales, plant closings
Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT), a global leader in branded foods and beverages, Friday (12 October) announced an agreement to sell the assets of its dairy business in Brazil to Parmalat. The sale, which is expected to close by the end of November, includes the Gloria and Avare brands and the manufacturing facilities in Cerqueira Cesar, Itaperuna, and Jaragua do Sul, all of them located in Brazil. The dairy business, with close to 600 employees, had sales of R$175.4 million (US$63 million) in 2000. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs