USA: Kraft Foods announces voluntary recall of all Taco Bell Taco Shell products from grocery stores
Kraft Foods is voluntarily recalling all Taco Bell Home Originals taco shell products sold nationwide only in supermarkets and other retail grocery outlets. Tests performed by an expert independent laboratory have indicated the presence in certain samples of a variety of corn Kraft had not specified for the product and which has not been approved for use in food. While the corn variety, known as "StarLink," has not yet been approved for use in food, at this point there appears to be no evidence of adverse health effects. "As soon as we learned that there might be an issue in the supply chain we purchased from, we have been guided by one priority - the safety of our products and their compliance with all regulatory requirements, " said Betsy Holden, President and Chief Executive Officer of Kraft Foods. "Testing has now indicated the presence of `StarLink' and we are immediately withdrawing all affected products." The products being recalled are:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review